Miniature Monday #12: Dollar Store Finds


Ok, so I lied!  I said I was going to share this before the end of the previous week.  Instead I'm sharing it at the beginning of the new week, which also happens to be Miniature Monday!  To see how they looked before, please click HERE.

So, what do you guys think?  Eltin seems to approve.  Heehee!

I like the way the cream colored one turned out better than the brown one. It's amazing what spray paint can do.  I also like how the golden knobs turned out.  I hand-painted those in an all-purpose paint I found at a craft store that was advertised for painting glass xmas ornaments.


It proved to be a little challenging to spray paint inside the shelving because of the depth.  Some paint ended up pooling and dripping on the sides because I had to spray really close to get to the corners but at least none of that shows in picture.


I think both cupboards can also double as bookshelves.  Unfortunately I don't have any miniature books so I can't share in picture what I had in mind but I'm sure you get the idea.

Happy Monday!

Comments

  1. Cool find! I linked to your post at the Dollar Store Crafts facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Dollar-Store-Crafts/161233564682

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! I will have to look for them in my dollar store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like these. Already went to the dollar store! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I'm glad you guys like these! I'm a bit surprised with myself that I thought about putting these together. I'm very proud of how they turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They turned out great. Spray painting is something that I have yet to master. I think I am too impatient and that always leads to unwanted drips.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Popular Posts