Not Normally My Cup of Tea...

MFD Exclusive
Exquisite Monogram doll
by Integrity Toys

She's one of those super sassy looking FR dolls that wouldn't normally grace my collection.  I got her as a bonus from hoarding dolls aplenty from my doll dealer in 2011.  In fact when I say dolls aplenty, I mean dolls aplenty that I haven't yet quite caught up in opening some of the dolls I've gotten that year.


I'm going through the doll boxes super slowly and finally got to the Exquisite Monogram the other week.  Surprisingly delighted by what I released from a doll box prison, she is as her namesake says, exquisite.


I'm a huge fan of her gold embroidered gown.  And the color of the skirt is such a beautiful intense  shade of blue.  Not sure I'm loving the blonde though.  I feel like she's all skirt and no face, despite the big bulbs of flowers on her head.  The doll itself is getting lost on the gold and blue of her dress whereas darker hair color might have made her stand out a bit.  I think black hair on this doll would have made her slightly more exotic too.


Comments

  1. Wow you have captured her beautifully!! I agree with you about black hair,I love black hair on such pale skinned dolls.
    Would you like to leave her in the original outfit or try out some other looks on her? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that she does look a bit overpowered by her outfit. I'd like to see her without the flowers on her head and the pink bow on her skirt (which isn't echoed anywhere else on her outfit). She does look like a beautiful doll though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hair ornament on this beauty and the detail on her skirt. Also her make-up is very pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. w ciemnych włosach zbytnio kojarzyłaby się z malarką
    Frido Kahlo - dzięki pszenicznym włosom jest jak Bogini
    ze Słowiańskich rozstajów albo Rusałka czy Nimfa z
    leśnego ruczaju...
    sama postać dość hipnotyzująca a efemeryczna jak sen...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Popular Posts